Thursday, December 4, 2008

Past hump day

It is Thursday! We are past hump day and Friday is almost here and I'll be home tomorrow.

Tonight is bowling. Since we did not bowl last week I expect I will do horrible. That is oaky, we are only there for the fun of it all. Although I feel I am getting somewhat anti-social. Sometimes I don't feel like talking and doing all the gossip. I guess I am getting tired of people like that. This might be my last year. We shall see.

Yesterday I was talking with one of my best friends. She is like a sister to me because we've known each other since she was born. I swear I can do the sickest things around her and she can always top me. That woman can make me gag in a heartbeat. I've gotten better though through the years at dealing with the gag reflex. We talked of how I have gained half of the weight I'd lost back. I am such a stress and emotional eater. She was my cheerleader this conversation. She has some leftover meals from the plan we were both on and she will send them to me since she will not be using them. What a pal she is. I love her so much.

I work really hard at not letting the depression get to me. I miss my mother so much but yet I've still not had the chance to properly grieve. My husband and I have had to deal with so much business for her estate. It is so hard. I am glad though my brother transferred trustee over to me. Sometimes I don't think his head is in the right place. He's dealing with his own home issues and this really would have put too much onto him.

This morning a chat friend called me. We hadn't talked in a few years and he had gotten hold of me a couple of months ago. It is really nice to talk with him and re-new the friendship. He was one of the people I'd met when I did the cross country chat friend travel with DavidG. I swear that was the best trip I'd ever had. Meeting people from chat was a lot of fun.

If you are interested in what is going on with the Mars program here at NASA you should take a look at this:
http://blogs.usatoday.com/sciencefair/2008/12/nasa-grounds-ne.html
Sometimes I think I am a bad employee...I don't keep up with what is going on with the agency. I didn't even know the shuttle landed at Edwards AirForce Base, CA until I read it in the paper. Once I was in Los Angeles and I could have gone to see a landing if only I'd listened to the news earlier in the day. It would have been awesome to see that.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

TGIF...and your weekend!

Deanna said...

I lost my mom this year too and understand ... huggsss
I used to work in the Missouri Governor's Office and like you, I got jaded to what was right in front of me. I missed so many opportunities because it didn't seem important at the time - apathy. And I agree about meeting chat friends. I've met so many wonderful folks through chat.